Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler DE 36 HP - chassis 51183 - engine 11819

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Message from vittorio:
Hello Administrator,

The following is an e-mail sent to you through the administration contact page on "".

The message has been sent from an account on the site.
Username: vittorio
E-mail address: [see members' list]

Good morning, I was owner of car in question, and after 40 years I recently sold it. The car, who belonged to Prince Ranieri of Monaco, as documentally substantiated, is needing heavy restoration. My problem is that I cannot find the front lights; can you help me? If useful, I can send you a photo.
Thanks VM fro your assistance.
Vittorio
Edit: you can post a photo in a new post by using the Attachments button, open a New Topic window or click Post Reply in an existing topic, click Attachments below left of the post window, then click Add files which will open your computer's file list, highlight a file (preferably in a .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp or .gif format), click Open at the bottom of the window, wait for it to upload and it should show the filename in the original post page, put the cursor in the post where you want the photo and click Place inline which will add the filename inside [ attachment] [ /attachment] code. You can Add files several times. Then Submit the post.

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler DE 36 HP - chassis 51183 - engine 11819

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi,
From memory that car was a Hooper Spey limousine with the faired in headlights like the DH 27 cars.
Weren't they the same as the Special Sports and probably the Jaguar mk V range?
Cheers and merry Christmas to everyone.
Peter Grant :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler DE 36 HP - chassis 51183 - engine 11819

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Sent him this link to http://www.wildbear.tv/work/royal-daimler/

Said it was just like his so like your Royal Car hoping we get some photo's of his car when he first bought it, Monaco has a Royal car collection surprised they never kept the DE36HP