Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Obsolete part remanufacture.

Simon Hyslop

Re: Obsolete part remanufacture.

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Darren, thanks very much for this information.Please do keep me informed of progress as I would not like it all to fail due to lack of conmitment.

Johnsson

Post by Johnsson »

I recently had four 15/18 water pump casings made up for orders organised through Ranald. Unfortunately I probably will not be able to do it again as the tradesman who machined them out of solid aluminium is very ill.

Regards,

Trevor

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

800 x 17 tyres. If sufficient owners could be persuaded to buy the correct tyres what would they cost? I would suggest that the price would be essential in order to persuade sufficient owners to order some. The tyres that are fitted, if they are the correct 800 x 17 must be rather old by now.
40 tyres would be sufficient for just about 6 cars if all six are changed. One would hope there might be some owners keen to replace their tyres.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I would gladly investigate the price if there were sufficient people interested in acknowledging an interest to buy if the price was right.
It would be a waste of my time and the suppliers if there were only enough buyers for 12 tyres.
As I don't know the owners of the relevant cars it might be worth contacting anyone known to require tyres and get them to contact me.

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

How does one investigate the number of people wishing to buy 800 x 17 tyres. Do we rely on Peter Ruifrok to canvas those listed as owning DE models? How do we establish how many owners would be keen to buy tyres?

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

Assuming we can persuade owners to buy 40 tyres could an idea of the price be established. I doubt if anyone would commit to buying tyres without knowing the price.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Without an indication of interest from purchasers I cannot get a price.
It's a chicken and egg situation.
An indication of interest and maximum price would give me something to work with.
Obviously I wouldn't tell the company how much they could get away with charging.