Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DE36 parts

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DE36 parts

Post by Peter Grant »

You'll have to wait for the front measurements, a bit harder to get to as it is parked nose in.

charles howlett

Post by charles howlett »

I have measured the rear bumper in metric and it's about 1715mm tip to tip but not by running the tape measure around its length, simply straight across the back of the body.
I have a width of 100mm, again not around the curvature.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Interesting that the width is same, and the end form same.

Just length tip to tip, I did same as Charles, just staring line from one end to the other.

Fingers crossed.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Anyone able to measure a 27 or 36 front bumper (tip to tip) ?

We have already established I think that
Height is same as consort, and that rear is same as db18 empress, so this may still be a winner.

Roark

Post by Roark »

I have measured my front bumper around the outside edge, rather than tip to tip. Given that the bumper is convex in contour I tried to use its centre line and arrived at a figure of 1910mm.
The rear bumper has two metal plates that bolt to the dumb irons and then to the bumper. The front has a one piece item with a triangular plate in the centre to support the starting handle.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

John,

Thanks for the reply.

Now I will have to see if I can get J to remeasure the Consort Front using your method, ie along the contour..

(as I am working away at the moment).

Given that the difference is 200mm, comparing tip to tip to contour, then it will be quite close I think.

unless anyone is able to do same on their Consort ??

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

I am reliably informed that a Consort front bumper is 1727mm around the front face, compared to John's 1910mm, for a DE,

which implies a considerably longer blade required. (interesting that the Rear is the same ??)

So a Consort wont do, but can anyone find an alternative ?

If not, then there is a way - take a Consort front bumper and splice in an extra section...from parts that are
readily available...

Over to you

charles howlett

Post by charles howlett »

David

Thank you for your efforts. David Beales said he might have something but I haven't heard from him for a while. He did say he was trying to catch up after Newby Hall. I don't think I would trust my welding to do a cut and splice job but it is a very good idea. If I went this route I would entrust it to someone like Exact Welding of Eastbourne

My car needs a battery and according to to the handbook it is supposed to have two 6 volt 110amp @ 20 AH. Battery type SLTW23D. Now I know the car is over forty years old and thus such detail is out of date and we have graduated to single 12V batteries, unless one owns an MGB but what size do I need.

I would try to find a single 12V 110 volt battery and post the result of my research. There's no point in being under-powered.

What colour should the air silencers be? I find it strange that they are not described as cleaners but as silencers. Don't they have any filtering ability?