Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler v8 manual flywheel wanted - any condition

Sonus

Daimler v8 manual flywheel wanted - any condition

Post by Sonus »

Looking for a flywheel in any condition to use as pattern part for a new lightened flywheel for my Daimler V8 saloon fast road engine build.

Sonus

Re: Daimler v8 manual flywheel wanted - any condition

Post by Sonus »

Still looking

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Still looking

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Is it definitely a saloon one you require.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Big Col wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:20 pm Is it definitely a saloon one you require.
What would be the difference?
As my engine is neither in a saloon or sp250 either will do I think? :)
The current one fitted looks like the attache pics. Looking at making a lightened flywheel so very accurate measurements of one could suffice to have one drawn up and machined.
Attachments
20150301_115837.JPG

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

another picture
Attachments
20150518_104616.JPG

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Hello Sonus,
I asked because I believe that the ring gear and possibly the fly wheel as well are different diameters. I dont know for shaw but I think they are different. This would affect your needs as the back plate and starter position will have to be taken into account.
I am a little confused now that you have pictures of one you already have. Why not use that as your pattern?
Colin,

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Big Col wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:34 am Hello Sonus,
I asked because I believe that the ring gear and possibly the fly wheel as well are different diameters. I dont know for shaw but I think they are different. This would affect your needs as the back plate and starter position will have to be taken into account.
I am a little confused now that you have pictures of one you already have. Why not use that as your pattern?
I could, but that would make the car inoperable while I remove the engine and gearbox. The new flywheel is for my new fast road engine and I'd like to keep the car usable while I build the new engine.

The flywheel I have got is smaller than the auto ring gear as I had to move the starter compared to the auto bellhousing I am using to adapt the BorgWarner T5 gearbox to the engine. This leads me to think I might ahve a SP250 manual flywheel?

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

That makes sense. In that case I won't be able to help as I only have an SP one which is what you already have. Let's hope someone can help.
Have you tried Barry Thorne or Robert Grinter?
Colin,

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Well it would be a sp250 flywheel I am after. Either to buy, measure or borrow.