Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler v8 manual flywheel wanted - any condition

peterbee

Re: Daimler v8 manual flywheel wanted - any condition

Post by peterbee »

If it is of any help the SP250 flywheel has 96 teeth and the V8 saloon has 104 teeth. I think I have counted correctly.

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Thanks, will try to count the teeth on mine :)

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

there is a crusty looking engine currently listed on fleabay (as of April 8th '18) with a flywheel attached .. maybe the seller will spit it up ? states 'dry seized' but its obviously been sitting out in the weather .. so could be scrap.. in my area its not too costly to have them made..I live I paid $350 for one for a majestic major ( same dimensions and bolt pattern as for the 2 1/2)

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Since he's asking uk£1800 for a seized engine I think the flywheel will probably uk£1000 if I ask 😂

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Is the image with flywheel a majestic major engine ? I can confirm that the V8 2 1/2 saloon flywheel bolts right on to a majestic major and the ring gear matches the 4 1/2 starter.. there was still a 2 12/ V8 engine with flywheel attatched on fleabay Uk as of last week.. described as 'locked up from dry storage' with obvious weed growth around its lower portions..likely garden stored.. well overpriced initially.. then asking for 'offers' .. it may still be unsold..try a search..

John Chatfield

Post by John Chatfield »

Hi Sonos, I have a flywheel from an SP but I need it for my conversion from auto box, but if you would like to borrow it for measurements you would be welcome, i'm based in Shropshire, where are you from ?
Regards,
John

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Hi John

That is very kind of you! I am based in Norwsy, but would probably use a UK company to make the new one. Do you have a timeframe for when you will need it back? Maybe just having you measuring the flywheel is enough as well. I will ask the company that I have in mind for the task.