Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Early Lanchester LA10 wheel cylinder repair kit

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Early Lanchester LA10 wheel cylinder repair kit

Post by Culbu »

Hello,

My 1933 LA10 needs for a complete wheel cylinders restoration.

Do you know please where I could purchase a wheel cylinder repair kit, if only it exists !

Regards,

Julian

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Early Lanchester LA10 wheel cylinder repair kit

Post by ranald »

Have a look at this company;
http://www.pastparts.co.uk/
They will resleeve your cylinders in stainless steel and provide new seals etc. I have used them recently after a recommendation on this forum and I am happy with the result. They also re-line brake shoes if that is of any interest to you. Good luck, Ranald

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Thank you Ranald

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

If it is just the seals you're after, look up S7140 on ebay in car parts. You should find 4 seals for £9.50, which is ok provided you don't need the dust seals for the cylinder ends.
The original Lockheed kit is KL71430. Hopefully new wheel cylinders will become available before we all expire.

If you can wait a little bit, maybe worth a look is to type in on ebay 'triumph gloria wheel cylinder' and you'll find a company in South America who sell car sets of the seals, dust covers and the internal springs as well. I remember having parts from this company when I had a 30s Triumph. At about £25 including postage, it's worth a look as if your springs are weak or missing.

Strangely enough, Lockheed information on these Lanchesters disappeared from their listings by 1947 or thereabouts which is why so many places shake their heads and say 'can't help you mate'. The original cylinder reference is no. 49.

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Thank you too Simon. I will let you know...