Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester LA10 1444cc engine

frenchy

Lanchester LA10 1444cc engine

Post by frenchy »

Water inlet Aluminium bottom pipe has corroded away, has anyone a spare .No water pump on this engine, 1444cc LA10. The main section of the pipe is OK, just beyond the drain tap a big chunk is missing. Any assistance and advice very welcome. cheers Frenchy.01394283179.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: Lanchester LA10 1444cc engine

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Any chance of a photo?
If it's the pipe I think you are talking about I had a couple made from stainless steel a few years ago. I had priced up the necessary patterns but unfortunately it was far too expensive for the demand to recoup the money invested.

frenchy

Re: Lanchester LA10 1444cc engine

Post by frenchy »

Thanks for the reply Marcel,yes I am certain it is the pipe you refer to. It seems to be a common problem and as a result spares are very scarce. I have managed to source one from a LA10 owner who has assisted me before with both parts and information. I am very grateful I do have some LA10 spares, anyone can contact me, I may be able to help. Cheers Frenchy