Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Centre Lathe

Pablo110

Centre Lathe

Post by Pablo110 »

I'm on the lookout for a small inexpensive Centre Lathe. 3-4" swing 18-30" between centres. Must be able to screw cut. Not bothered about age or condition but must be usable. Anyone know of one lying around anywhere?

Paul

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Centre Lathe

Post by Sydsmith »

I bought a basic Myford with screw cutting kit a few years ago on fleabay for under £200 and sold it two years later for £260, my current Myford with all the bells and whistles cost me £450 at the time, now selling five/six years later for £100 more, well worth considering buying a decent lathe now and selling it on when the job is done.

Just a thought. Syd

Pablo110

Re: Centre Lathe

Post by Pablo110 »

I had an ML7 for many years, a good model makers Lathe. I always found it to be under powered and not very robust when working in more testing materials (Stainless, High tensile steels, etc). I was thinking more along the lines of a Boxford or a Harrison.

Regards,
Paul