Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Petrol tank Daimler 15 light

DW1900

Petrol tank Daimler 15 light

Post by DW1900 »

Getting near the end of the rebuild but I still need a petrol tank. The one I got with the car was rotten through, somebody was making me one using the old one as a template, but both now have appeared to have disappeared?

Does anybody have a spare tank in their garage that would fit the 1935 15 light?.

Regards Dave W

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Petrol tank Daimler 15 light

Post by Db n j »

Dave, how about the chassis and bits on eBay, including a fuel tank.

Sure it’s a mackerel to catch a sprat, but
The rest could be useful for yourself or other 15 restorers??

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

I have asked if he would sell the displaced bits separately but he says not.
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

This has been posted by another 15 owner so might be worth a contact for photo's and measurements, as his is out at the moment i think so you could get lots of help.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3169

Robdavies

Post by Robdavies »

Hello David,
I have a Daimler 15 petrol tank from a 1937 car.
It is not in perfect condition, some light rust inside and a not very well bodged fitting modification, but it is solid.
If you like I can send you some photos to see if it was of any use to you.
Cheers Rob.

DW1900

Post by DW1900 »

Hi Rob,

Yes please email at davewalsh1900 (at) gmail.com

Kind regards

Dave W
[Email address edited to make it less likely to be harvested by spambots.]

Robdavies

Post by Robdavies »

Hello Dave,
I've seen your note but I'm just out of hospital and on two crutches at the moment so it will be a short while before I can get some photos taken. In the mean time if you take a look at my posts, there is one titled, Daimler tank, there are some photos and a little corispondance about it on this sight.
I decided not to use it as I have so much to do on the Daimler and many other projects that a full recondition, which would take more time than I have. It is missing the original fuel pipe fitting, the large orifice shown in the picture and had a rather bodged item fitted. This was clearly done many years ago, but was not a good solution.
If you happen to have the old fitting which you can see in the drawing from the Parts catalogue, which I do not, or can find one, or can come up with a solution you consider safe then bobs your uncle.
The tank is in pretty good condition, but there is a fair bit of rust inside, that said I have seen far, far worse returned to service .
One small hitch is that I am in Gibraltar, so viewing or collecting might be an issue for you.
Anyway if I ca be of assistance please let me know.
Rob.

DW1900

Post by DW1900 »

Thanks Rob, I have sent you a private message

Regards

Dave W