Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V* 2 1/2 cylinder heads wanted.. USA.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: V* 2 1/2 cylinder heads wanted.. USA.

Post by tjt77 »

Update :- if there is anyone in USA having issues finding replacement cylinder heads I now have 'extra's'... the machine shop I currently use managed to install new seats in a head I thought was scrap, which was given to them as a pattern to reference the size of waterways when re-sizing after welding the faces up.. due to a previous machine shops failed attempt at seat replacement I was under the impression they were beyond repair..(long story...but I had the 1st seat hole welded up so new seat could be fitted, after the original seat shattered when being machined out.. the machine shop then broke their seat cutting tool when attempting to remove the next seat .. at which point I gave up and sourced more heads.. Then went to different machine shop which I had previously used for crankshaft reconditioning only..who informed me they are a 'full service' facility and specialize in alloy cylinder head and block repairs.. ) basically..due to a communication error the machine shop repaired the 'scrap' head with new valve seats.. I now have at least one extra pair of very good castings and the heads that required seats will have the damaged seats replaced.. I can supply as either bare castings or fully rebuilt and ready to fit.. prices similar to same service in UK... I do have images to share, but cannot load them on to this site..