Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Majestic Major Workshop Manual.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: Daimler Majestic Major Workshop Manual.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I must add that Mark is doing a great job with the manuals. It's great to have pdf copies available. They can be printed in a size to suit the owners eyesight and if you spoil a page or two while working in the garage they are easily replaced.
I emailed Mark this afternoon and in little more than the blink of an eye I had a parts book and instruction manual.
It will take him some time to go through all of the manuals but once he has them in a digital format the work is done. Much better than hours wasted by a photocopier time and time again.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I forgot to mention that yes the club have retained all of the manuals that John Ridley looked after.
There are moves to make them available to club members as a down load. There is also the intention to copy the club archive. This will of course cost a little of the clubs /members money and will take time to do but the club are responding to the members requests.

GJT

Post by GJT »

Latest news !

The DLOC re-printing service is alive and working very well.

Thank you Mark “Redcap” for a very prompt (and free to DLOC Members) supply of a CD covering all of the Majestic and Majestic Major handbooks, service manuals and workshop manual and to Helen for her usual, behind the scenes, help.

Greville.

Redcap
Mark the Miltary Man
Mark the Miltary Man

Post by Redcap »

Many thanks for your kind words, Greville... it's always a pleasure to help when and as far as I can.

For others: I took over all the books previously held by John Ridley and now, on behalf of the DLOC, offer a free service (issuing PDF scans rather than photocopies) to members needing workshop manuals and parts books or any other oddity that might turn up. I'd rather not be rushed too much: it'll take me at least an hour to scan an average 1930s parts book and I have to fit the task around other commitments. Many are done, now, however - so some can be sent within minutes. Our set isn't quite complete so I have, on one occasion so far, sought the Board's approval and bought a rare addition ...a 1941 War Department manual for the Daimler Armoured Car.

I'll be happy to work with the Board and others on further additions and will gleefully accept bequests or donations to the Club - once such collection of 1930s parts books and marketing material having come from a gentleman whose father is now unable to appreciate them but spent his working life with Daimler. Curiously, it also included an item from his late-1940s National Service relating to the Daimler Dingo.

Should anyone be able to help, I'm currently in need of a maintenance book for the Daimler LQ3/24 - and would consider any means of obtaining it: purchase, gift or loan.

The bottom line: if there's a document you need, please let me know and I'll endeavour to send a PDF. My details are at the back of the DM. Best wishes, all

Mark