Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Majestic Major Workshop Manual.

GJT

Daimler Majestic Major Workshop Manual.

Post by GJT »

Does anyone have a workshop manual sitting at the back of the garage and which they no longer require, please ? Any condition. Reasonable price paid.

Thanks, Greville.
greville.taverner@btinternet.com

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler Majestic Major Workshop Manual.

Post by simonp »

Sold mine a few years ago abroad I am afraid.

I do wonder why there aren't pdf versions available through the Club? All handbooks, parts books and workshop manuals.

Use Club funds if needed!

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

What? Use club funds for club member's benefit? Surely not? What has happened with all the "Club Funds"? Are they just sitting in a bank account waiting for something?
Last edited by New Dexter on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

IF we want that sort of benefit i think we need to sell our cars and join another club which will invest in parts for members cars, i also belong to the Morris Club for pre-war cars and yes they have spares.
Sorry none for my Lanchester or any Daimler they only supply for Morris cars, and i have access to manuals which i can down load.

GJT

Post by GJT »

I gave my manuals away with the Major when I sold it. There isn’t a workshop manual for my Majestic but, apart from the engine, parts and practices are similar. Pity the John Ridley reprint service and grapevine are no longer around - both are missed.
Greville.

Helen Wainwright

Post by Helen Wainwright »

I believe that Mark Cuthbert-Jones has taken over some of John Ridley's re-printing.
His details are in the Driving member.

Helen

GJT

Post by GJT »

Thank you Helen, I hadn’t realised that the service was still available.
Greville.

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Think this needs to be raised at the AGM. If a printing service is not available surely it can be replaced with pdfs with appropriate permissions etc.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Redcap
Mark the Miltary Man
Mark the Miltary Man

Post by Redcap »

Cuthbert-Jones, Helen? The last time I appeared under that moniker was in the Court Circular! You must move in high circles. That flippancy aside...

Dear all: I hold the DLOC's archives of parts catalogues, handbooks and manuals - such as it is. Ping me a message about any of our cars (most Daimlers, Lanchesters and four-wheeled BSAs) and I'll happily respond as soon as I can find the time by sending a PDF format version of all material I can find relating to the car. I'll do this by email if bandwidth allows or otherwise on a CD/DVD. I have scanned a good many documents already but generally work only on demand so quite a few remain in the queue for scanning. For 1930s cars, it'll save a little time if a chassis number or date of production can be provided. I regret that I haven't the resources to send photocopies.

For those who may not have it, my email address is markcuthbertbrown@me.com

best wishes all, as ever - I hope this helps!

Mark

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

What a star you are Mark. Glad the service is up and running. What manuals are you missing? Did you take everything over from John Ridley. Not sure what happened to all the Manuals etc that the Club owned as part of the Archives. Are these all held at Gaydon?

Is it possible to publish a list of what you have available? This used to appear regularly in the Driving Member but don't remember seeing it in recent times.

SimonP