Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Sender unit - Daimler 15

neotrack

Sender unit - Daimler 15

Post by neotrack »

Dear Daimler enthusiasts,

I could observe that my fuel gauge was not working on my car.
After some research, and dismantling the car boot, I could observe that I do not have any send unit in the fuel tank.
IMG-20180402-WA0001.jpg
So, quite normal that my gauge is not working. I could find on eBay a sender unit for a Daimler 18, but the seller explains me that the 18 sender unit is is not compatible with the Daimler 15.
So does anyone can give me some advice how to potentially adapt one or maybe have some sender unit on his garage shelve he is not using. This would be very helpful! Thanks for your help.
Fred

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Sender unit - Daimler 15

Post by theoldman »

How many set screws hold it on and what's the aperture diameter, Fred?
Normal for Norfolk

neotrack

Re: Sender unit - Daimler 15

Post by neotrack »

Hi theoldman,
Thanks for your reply. I will remove the carpet and let you know how many holes and the diameter as well.
I will do that this week-end, I will come back to you.
Thx!
Fred