Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest accelerator pedal

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Conquest accelerator pedal

Post by migray »

Having just completed a 200 mile round trip in my Conquest NDHC this weekend the accelerator pedal broke off from the bottom pivot as I turned into the driveway. The hand throttle allowed me to get into the garage but now I am stuck with a non-functioning car and I am booked to go on a rally in the Cotswolds in just over a week.
It is the pedal that has cracked through in 3 pieces; the pivot bracket, which John Nash sells, is fine. Can anyone help with a replacement please? I'm pretty sure the part is common to all the DJ range.

Thanks

Mike

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Conquest accelerator pedal

Post by migray »

No luck so far in tracking down a replacement. Derek Sleigh reckons it is a common problem and I will need to get someone to make something to fit. I believe the pedal is common to most 50s Daimlers (and LJ200). I can probably saw the bottom off the pedal and screw a P shaped strap on to go round the pivot pin but it doesn't seem very elegant a solution. Any other ideas?

Mike

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lanchester-L ... SwqDhbH9DX

Think this could be the same can measure my LD10 if it helps.

IF it is alloy which it would seem guess you could have it welded or a new piece welded in and drill a new hole and bush it.

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

Unfortunately the attachment at the top seems quite different. Thanks for getting back to me though.
Mike

bakergh

Post by bakergh »

Hi Mike

I have this one that you could purchase from me for a small sum.
The attachment 20180807_171238.jpg is no longer available
20180807_171238.jpg
Please pm me to arrange purchase if you would like it

Cheers

Graham

weddingcartim

Post by weddingcartim »

i have many conquest parts will look and see can you post a picture of your pedal please