Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LA10 Starting Handle

chrisjb

LA10 Starting Handle

Post by chrisjb »

I left my handle on the drive whilst I went round the block for a test and forgot it! It then went walkabout. Has anyone got one that they would sell me please?
Chrisjb

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: LA10 Starting Handle

Post by Phillmore »

That's an unusual thing to steal! Are you sure you didn't leave it in and it fell out during the drive?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

chrisjb

Post by chrisjb »

It's a standard joke round here. If you want to get rid of anything you just leave it out the front and the local "totting harry's" will have it away. I left it on top of the wheely bin so it was a bit visible.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chris, could you please send me the details of your LA10 including your contact details ,so that I can add them to my database.

Many thanks Alan . (Registrar) :D :D :D

Send to Alan.wheatley63@gmail.com

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2860&p=16103&hilit=Handle#p16103
I seemed to remember an old post concerning LA10 starting handles and found this one. It might be worth contacting Simon. Seems you can buy a new MG J type handle. I hope you find something soon. Ranald

chrisjb

Post by chrisjb »

Thank you Ranald. They have a range with different lengths and I will give them a call.
Chrisjb

chrisjb

Post by chrisjb »

I was about to follow up a lead on starting handles when a friend of mine who collects old Land Rovers pointed out that Land Rover spares are readily available and cheap. So I bought a starting handle for a series 2. Brand new LR part, solid and with a proper handle, £19.50 delivered. OK so I had to hacksaw off a foot or so and drill a hole for the peg but at least it is exactly the right size and looks the part.
Might be of interest for many other Daimlers/Lanchesters.
Chrisjb