Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

heater hose clamp

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: heater hose clamp

Post by Stan Thomas »

As I see you are only in Worcester - if all else fails, I'll make you the clamp you need whilst you watch one Saturday morning. ......................

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Thanks for the offer Stan. What machinery do you use?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Two ways to make the clamp - either start with one piece of aluminium then cut in two once heater pipe holes are bored, or in two halves clamped together by the centre srew once provision for same has been drilled and tapped, then bore the holes for the heater pipes.

All you need is a pillar drill and basic hand tools - the external radii can be accurately filed by hand after marking out.

But you need the overall dimensions, diameter of the heater pipes and the distance apart when in situ.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Andy,

I have measured the 1 new one, at just over 1/2 inch (but too small diameter for the SS).

If you only want 1, then maybe easier to post it to you ?
but happy to receive a visitor.

If you need more than 1, then maybe work on a manufacturing method like Stan suggests,

(I have some aluminium blocks that are a bit too thick, but can be milled to size. Looks like the one I have was made as a solid,
drilled then cut in half. My preference is to make two blocks, drill and tap to clamp them together, then use a pillar drill to make the
2 holes. Dress the ends by hand to finish).

I need to make 2 for The Duchess, so once I am set-up could make others if required.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Db n j wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:20 am Andy,

I have measured the 1 new one, at just over 1/2 inch (but too small diameter for the SS).

If you need more than 1, then maybe work on a manufacturing method like Stan suggests,

(I have some aluminium blocks that are a bit too thick, but can be milled to size. Looks like the one I have was made as a solid,
drilled then cut in half. My preference is to make two blocks, drill and tap to clamp them together, then use a pillar drill to make the

I need to make 2 for The Duchess, so once I am set-up could make others if required.
Thanks, are the holes about one inch apart?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

1 1/4 between centres

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Ok I'll look to see if the pipes will sit happily at that distance.
Andy

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Db n j wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:20 am Andy,

I'm sure the one you have will do the job. If you can let me know the cost (inc postage) that would be great thank you.
Andy

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Sorted !!

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Thanks David, hopefully the cheque should arrive today.
Andy