Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 Wanted.

Flinty

Re: SP250 Wanted.

Post by Flinty »

Pictures!
Patience Patience, I have not got it yet. This modern method of paying for expensive things does take time with the money laundering rules.

Should be in my possession next week.

Steve.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I hope you really enjoy ownership. The SP is an absolute joy, all the better for being used. In my opinion it is one of the best all rounders, regarding sports cars, you can get for your money.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Flinty

Post by Flinty »

Here are some pictures of my new car, Some of you will surely recognize it.

Steve.
Attachments
DSCF2231.JPG
DSCF2228.JPG
DSCF2235.JPG

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Nice, very nice, I keep anchoring for another but the wife always says,
What do you want another one for, you’ve had three, try something else for a change.
The problem is finding something that ticks as many boxes!
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

1986 RW is shown in PasSPort and bought from a member of this forum. We know thanks to the PasSPort register :D

No doubt he gave you some tips about driving the car. I don't know if you have driven a car without synchromesh on first gear but forgive me if you already know that it helps avoid a crunch of gears if you always go into second gear before moving into first. Similarly, do the same or wait a few seconds before going into reverse.

It helps enormously to learn to double-de-clutch if the synchromesh is a bit slow and crunchy.

Listen to the hiss from the carburettors and balance them with the large screw if the idle speed is wrong or the car tends to stall when you brake hard.

Don't keep filling up the coolant to the top of the expansion tank as it will expand a lot and overflow. It generally settles just at the top of the incoming and outgoing hoses.

Learn where the gearbox dipstick is and don't strain your back getting to it!

Tell any one who will drive the car, especially young mechanics, MOT people, etc. about the handbrake. I had mine broken because an MOT man used force to get it off as he kept his finger on the button and didn't know it was a quick release handbrake.

Enjoy this Indian Summer while it lasts (until Friday) ;)

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

A very original car - and very nice. Fitted with the rare leather covered steering wheel too.....
1-SAM_0153.JPG
...and an original style battery.

I think the instrument fitted between the speedo and rev counter is a clock?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".