Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Needles in the haystack

Crossley Stephenson

Needles in the haystack

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

I'm restoring a DJ254 NDHC......

I need - the chrome nostrils on the bonnet (stop laughing, there may be some out there); the heater control face (maybe shared with other Daimlers) and the really really hard one is some seats - 2 front, one side facing rear (rocking horse....)
IMG_1746.JPG
IMG_1746.JPG (20.98 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
IMG_1747.JPG
Can you help?

Cheers
Michael

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Needles in the haystack

Post by migray »

Michael

The heater control is the same as the Conquest Century II, though the markings are different. I believe it was also used on some of the other larger mid to late 50s Daimlers. I replaced the one on my DJ254 with one from a Conquest Century and produced a decal to replicate the lettering. The knobs are also specific to the DJ254 I think.

The other items are going to be harder to track down though the grills look possible to make from scratch. I believe I read somewhere that the seat frames are the same as the Conquest range but I couldn't be sure. The backs are tapered on the NDHC and the leather pleating is different in style. Hopefully someone who has been hoarding parts might be able to help.

Best wishes and good luck

Mike