Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

sp front seats

TWF

sp front seats

Post by TWF »

Hi ,looking in Passport I see that some SP250 owners have changed the front seats for more comfortable ones, I see that seats from MGBs , TR7s, and MGFs have been used , can anyone tell me which are the best to fit into the SP250 in terms of both comfort and ease of fitting? Regards ,Terry .

Warsash 2

Re: sp front seats

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
We used MGF seats which are very comfortable. We left in the original runners so the old seats can be refitted if required. They are a bit deeper than the existing so the leg room is a bit compromised. Not a problem unless you are well over 6ft tall. Any fitted seat may be a problem if you have OD fitted but again a slight annoyance well out weighed by the added comfort particularly if you do a lot of touring. There is car dismantellers web sit that you can post your need and that can be a good source.
Regards
Colin

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

A high quality - but expensive - solution are the 'Suffolk' seats made by Newton Commercial. These have been adapted specifically for the SP and can be fitted to the original seat runners. I haven't sampled them myself but understand from those who have that they're extremely comfortable and practical and ideal for long-range touring. They're available in three colours only, but since they're made to order I suspect you could twist Newton's arm if you wanted to match existing trim.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

I fitted a pair of Newton Commercial seats during my recent retrim. Very comfortable, they recline as well as tilting forward, but the headrests have to be removed to fit a full tonneau, it's not a major problem.

I'll try to add a photo.
DSC00933.JPG
DSC00941.JPG
Cheers

Fossil