Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

ss parts - ally sump

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

ss parts - ally sump

Post by Db n j »

Aluminium sump for the DB18 Special Sports engine.

(today with Derek's help, managed to safely remove the engine and gearbox from the Barker)

So, the list of parts is not surprisingly long and painful. - looks like it was rebuilt and not run in the past, but all of the waterways are solid,
in the head, and block, so it wouldnt have lasted long !. The engine is now free, but the bores are not good - so need to bore from plus 30 to hopefully
plus40.

In the meantime, the sump is pressed steel, so looking for an aluminium version please.

(and some cheap plus 40 pistons...)

weddingcartim

Re: ss parts - ally sump

Post by weddingcartim »

hi both do you have a picture please

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Tim, I don't have any to hand, but I will be in the garage on Thursday, so will send some them
(or maybe I should have another go at posting on the Forum ??)

Thanks, for the response.

db

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

weddingcartim sent a reply to the forum email address saying "thanks".