Please don't post someone's email address or, if you must, put spaces around the @ or change @ to (at). Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots.
If you can't find a post, click "Active topics" or "Your posts", as topics are sometimes moved; it's probably quicker than using the Search button.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation after nr. as this negates search.

DB18 door-window seal

yapyap

DB18 door-window seal

Post by yapyap » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Gradually restoring 1949 DB18 saloon but facing silly problem. All 4 doors are missing the seal which goes on the outside of the windows. It looks like it was nailed to the frame but not a scrap remains! So can anyone help with what the profile should look like, or preferably point me at a likely supplier?
Cheers.

classiclife

Re: DB18 door-window seal

Post by classiclife » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Hello,

Could be worth contacting Phoenix Trim in Cullompton Devon and speaking with Kaye who is very helpful.

Kaye will send out trim samples once you know or have been informed what profile you need.

To assist, I have attached their online pdf catalogue which is comprehensive; hopefully it may help.

Good luck.

Regards.

Richard.

https://phoenixtrim.co.uk/main-catalogue-3-w.asp

Marcel Renshaw

Post by Marcel Renshaw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:21 am

Try David Beales. He has had a number of rubber mouldings remanufactured especially for the DB18.

yapyap

Post by yapyap » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Thanks to classiclife and marcel very much for your replies. I will try them and report back.