Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler db18 special sports Grill

Marcus

Daimler db18 special sports Grill

Post by Marcus »

Hi all,

I am looking for SS radiator grill for a project car. The one fitted has been badly damaged in an accident...
O can be contacted on the forum, or by private email.

Cheers

Crossley Stephenson

Re: Daimler db18 special sports Grill

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

SS and Empress grills are the same shape as the Consort so interchangeable BUT the SS/Empress grills are full chrome whereas the Consort slats are chrome fronts and painted (usually black) on the sides.

Cheers
Michael

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Michael,

Just a small point - the Grill is the same shape for all cars, but the Hooper Grill gets extra holes down the side where the front wing is attached,

In theory a Hooper Grill could be used on a SS or Consort, but the holes would need filling, so not a straight forward swap.

The grill slats on the Consort are usually painted, and in my experience dont last as well as the chromed version due to rust ( I know you
dont have rust down-under !!)

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

thanks gents....