Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SU HV2 Carb wanted urgently

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: SU HV2 Carb wanted urgently

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Simon, yes I have been looking at a couple of HS 2’s that are on Fleabay , both have the Throttle linkage on the correct side, I’m presently awaiting the return to this country of Simon Roons, who has already successfully converted his “ Eleven” with an SU Carburettor.
I appreciate, that I have always tried to maintain my car with the correct parts and materials to be as near to “original” as possible,
All Lanchester Elevens were originally fitted with Solex “ Thermostarter” carburettors, these apparently were not very successful, and most were removed and were replaced with another model of Solex, ( My car has an AH 30 fitted ) so my car has never had the “ correct” Carb fitted in my 41 yrs of ownership!
So to fit an HV 2 SU would actually be a very good compromise, if one could find one , unfortunately they appear to be rarer that the proverbial “Rocking Horse Sh1t”
so an SU HS 2 is about as close as one is able to get , unless one of you fellow owners has an HV2 that your prepared to sell to me 😊😊❤️

Best wishes, Al :) :)

Note, The SU HV 2 was fitted as standard equipment only on the 1936 Lanchester LA 10’s that also had the 1444cc Engine

Lanchester

Post by Lanchester »

Hallo. Alan, is this you wat you wand. The cabaretier is 28mm wyd
Attachments
5990C0D7-39B9-4BB3-AE67-1DA52EC6769B.jpeg
EC320AD2-DA47-497F-B1FA-83895EEAC714.jpeg
3954CC84-BF09-4A36-A286-9E1AEF323582.jpeg
E1771EB7-91EA-4BEB-9D14-E5CA6AD7287A.jpeg

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Win, just measured the Inlet Manifold and yes it’s exactly 28 mm 😊😊😊.
As explained previously, let me know how much I owe you , including the Lanchester 11 Parts please .

Cheers Al 😊😊