Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Db18 special sports

Marcus

Db18 special sports

Post by Marcus »

Anyone have a spare passenger front wing??

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Db18 special sports

Post by Db n j »

Marcus,

Good luck with your search !

I have no idea in the Northern Hemisphere of any SS parts for sale, or cars being broken
(from memory at least for the last 5 years)

May be worth looking at Australia - though the cost of transport and duty might be steep.

Fingers crossed

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi Marcus,
I don't have any such spares, and i don't believe that the NSW Club has any either.
We do have quite a few smaller items, but the cost of shipping may be prohibitive.
One Victorian estate recently sold two cars advertised as being able to be made into one and the buyer then on sold the spare shell (or tried to) but I don't know any details, maybe one of our Victorian Club Forum Members may be able to help.
Good luck with your search.
Peter Grant

Crossley Stephenson

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

There have been a couple of SS made up from bits over the last few years and there very well may be a panel or two left but the front wings are very large and very heavy...shipping costs would be eye watering.
Michael

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks all.. it’s for this...
EA72A0F1-0681-4B1D-A5C2-D9822F2D99FE.jpeg
KDU 494

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Hello Marcus,

for a good panel beater this damaged wing should not be a problem to repair. My Jaguar XK 120 FHC is under restoration. The body was in very bad condition. The left front wing was damaged by an accident decades before, then at that time badly "repaired" and then covered and formed with Prestolite. This wing had rotten aeras too as you can see in the attached picture.

My panel beater has repaired not only this wing very well, with new sheet inserts and formed the wing to original contours, which you can see in the second picture.

So if you can't find a replacement wing, have a look for a good trained panel beater.

Rolf B.
Attachments
IMG_20191018_172559.jpg
C -Users-Rolf-Desktop-DSCN2803.pdf
(745.85 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Sorry, here's the second photo which hasn't been transfered
Attachments
DSCN2803-1.jpg

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi, thanks and I think you may well be right. I suspect repair is the way forward. Probably the right approach too.