Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Distributor Wanted

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Distributor Wanted

Post by Stan Thomas »

Does any have a Lucas DK6 distributor they would sell to help out a fellow sleeve valve owner?

Note:
I know it should be a Rotax distributor which are as rare as Donald Trump saying something sensible, but luckily the Lucas DK6 distributor is an "identical" fit.

Best wishes to all,

Stan.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Distributor Want

Post by A.N.Other »

Hello Stan,
I don’t know if it is at all comparable but I have A spare DJ6. From what I can see it is the same identical body but the balance weights are different. All the base plate and fittings are also the same. I don’t know about the camshaft.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Distributor Wanted

Post by Stan Thomas »

Thanks for your reply "Big Col".

Actually, the inquiry was to help a chap up in Newcastle-upon-Tyne who has re-built a sleeve valve - and he had a worn DK6 distributor which I've now managed to ovehaul for him - so problem solved.

Thanks once again for your interest.

Stan.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Glad you got sorted Stan. Sorry for the delay in first replying but happy another old car is on its way.
Colin,

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Hi "Big Col",

I did his distributor in exchange for a picture of the car crossing the Tyne Bridge when its up and running!!

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Sounds like a fair trade. :D
Colin,