Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1932/33 Lanchester 10 radiator cap wanted

Simon Hyslop

1932/33 Lanchester 10 radiator cap wanted

Post by Simon Hyslop »

I wondered if anyone had a really good condition spare radiator cap for a Lanchester 10 ? Brown or black bakelite, brass insert to screw onto the radiator, slightly domed, no hole for a mascot or meter.

While paying for one is highly possible, I do have a spare one for a 10 with a hole and I also have a larger original cap in as new condition for, I would guess, a Lanchester 18 and I would part exchange one of these if it helped. Alternatively, should anyone be contemplating making any new replicas of this type of cap, maybe they could let me know. No rush, I've survived at least 10 years with the ones I've got but it would be nice to find the right one. Thank you.

Simon Hyslop

Re: 1932/33 Lanchester 10 radiator cap wanted

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Don't all rush at once. Anyone else needing one too ? Always the possibility of having some made if there was sufficient interest.

Tim Farr

Post by Tim Farr »

Hi Simon
I have one you can have - send measurements to be sure and I will attempt to post it to you.
TIM

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, a neat way of filling the hole in the top of the Radiator Cap, is to use a small Bumper Bolt, seen it done before and it looks fine 😊😊
Cheers Al 😊😊

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Hello Tim, thanks for your message. I have tried to send you a message through the forum but it doesn't seem to have worked. £ inches outside, 2 inches in the thread:
DSC00423.JPG
DSC00424.JPG
If you have a nice example of one that isn't drilled then let me know what you want for it and we'll take it from there.
Very much obliged,
Yours,
Simon