Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Wanted: a good useable Barker LD10

KennethBlanshard

Wanted: a good useable Barker LD10

Post by KennethBlanshard »

I'm a recent new member.
I passed my test in my 1937 Roadrider 14 in 1964 and I fondly remember the ride, the luxury, and the fun to drive. Sadly it was worn out. The paint work was polished right through the primer, the engine did 25 miles to the pint of oil, and I had neither time nor money to fix it.
Now I have a bit of both, so I'm looking for a good useable Barker bodied LD10 to cherish, enjoy in the summer, and show at events.
If you become aware of one that needs a good home, I'd be really grateful to hear of it.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Wanted: a good useable Barker LD10

Post by Stan Thomas »

25 miles to a pint of oil!! Think yourself lucky you aint got a sleeve valve!!

Seriously though, your choice of an LD10 is very wise as they are a wondeful car.

I worked on them when they were new (earning four shillings an hour) and the thing I remember most was the brakes were so good you could "stop on a tanner" - which was the saying in those days.

Hope you find one - you will not be disappointed!

Simon Hyslop

Re: Wanted: a good useable Barker LD10

Post by Simon Hyslop »

I've sent a private message yesterday which might (or might not) be of interest.