Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 250 - Anyone can help with quarter light clasp ?

sidfish

V8 250 - Anyone can help with quarter light clasp ?

Post by sidfish »

Can anyone help with getting the rubber washer and securing pin for a front / driver-side quarter light clasp (the photo shows how the rubber washer/ring that goes between the clasp and the quarter light is missing as is the pin to secure the clasp).
At the moment the clasp will fall off if the quarter light is opened to keen to get it secured.
It is for a 1968 V8 250 ... Any help sourcing this would be great. Thanks !
Attachments
image.jpg

captain bobo

Re: V8 250 - Anyone can help with quarter light clasp ?

Post by captain bobo »

Sorry I can't help you source the part, but FWIW only the driver's quarterlight in my V8 250 has the button: the passenger quarterlight just has the lever.

I don't know if this is standard or a previous owner "modification"
Best wishes, Dave B

bob cantwell

Post by bob cantwell »

To make a pin grind down a nail to fit . Have not ever found one for sale.

sidfish

Post by sidfish »

Thanks very much - I will look to getting a rubber ring and grind a nail to fix in place .. Good idea. I think replacing the glass may be more work than the job requires ..,