Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lj 200 screen wash bottle

Graham

Lj 200 screen wash bottle

Post by Graham »

I am after a lj 200 screen wash bottle, fixing bracket and bottle top for a lj 200. Can anyone help?

Pendle

Re: Lj 200 screen wash bottle

Post by Pendle »

Graham,

I believe that the base Conquest (DJ 250) Mk I did not have a factory installed screen wash system - my DJ 250 has had a screen wash system clearly added post-factory. Extrapolating from the DJ 250, I think that it is unlikely that the LJ had factory installed screen wash. This leaves you free to install a period screen wash bottle (e.g., see Holden's offerings) or even a modern system.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Graham

Post by Graham »

Thanks for the info Chris. That explains why the bottles were in different places on the photo's that I looked at. Not sure what Holden's offering are? I will google it. I would like one of the same era as the car, will keep looking on eBay

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Graham - the glass Trico vac operated ones will need a mortgage................................
Normal for Norfolk

Graham

Post by Graham »

Neil ! Nice to see you are re connected. I have had to step up and give my not so expert advice in your absence. I managed to get a trico from a friend for a tenner, John Nash as got a new top for it and a cage, so job just about sorted .
image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Bargain!!!!
Normal for Norfolk