Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Exhaust System for Conquest Century

bakergh

Re: Exhaust System for Conquest Century

Post by bakergh »

Hi Henry

Have you purchased an exhaust system yet?
My Century could do with one and I was wondering if you had found any other suppliers.

Graham

chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Hi. My system, bought by previous owner, came from Quicksilver. I have just finished insatlling it and thought that it was very good.
Email address below:- info@quicksilverexhausts.com

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

If your contemplating a stainless system, do check the quality - as some are of inferior quality and/or rather thin material. Also remember "lifetime guarantee" only exists until the company you purchase from goes out of business.

One other thing to remember is to ensure that when being fitted, no strain as such is placed upon the components to force them to fit - as any exteraneous tension will applify the resonance associated with stainless systems.

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by HenryC »

Hi Graham,

I did buy the stainless system from PD Gough. Their pattern is for a MK1 Century, not sure if they have a pattern for the MK2. I did send them the pages from the parts books showing the difference.

The system looks amazing! very neatly welded and finished and it feels very solid. Unlike the original, the tail pipe length is not welded to the rear box but is a clamp fit, which I guess makes it easier to fit. It can also be cut to length to suit you car or aesthetics. It comes with a very neat polished chrome tail pipe finisher.

I will be fitting it in the next couple of weeks, so I will let you know how I got on.
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252

bakergh

Post by bakergh »

Thank you for your enlightening response.
I look forward to hear how you get on fitting it.

Graham

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

P D Gough manufacture for quicksilver. I found out when looking for a DS420 system. Same thing was £400 more from Q as that's the shipping and handling.
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.