Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 'B' spec Ash Tray Wanted

JimL

SP250 'B' spec Ash Tray Wanted

Post by JimL »

Fellows, I'm looking for a ash tray for my 'B' spec 250 has anyone got a spare to sell? Or does anyone know if the same form of ash tray was used in any other make or model of car? Thanks Jim L.

Nimrod

Re: SP250 'B' spec Ash Tray Wanted

Post by Nimrod »

Jiml,

There is one on EBay right now !!

Cheers Rod

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

...and here it is.

If you acquire an ashtray that needs replating it's worth noting the variety of finishes on the parts. While the rim is chrome plated the lid itself is actually nickel plated and the finger tongue is stainless steel!
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Hi Jim

There are two on fleabay at present, both are listed by a seller in Cyprus and if they are as described they are both a bargain at the price he has on them, snap his hand off. The new old stock one is probably the best buy as restoring the other one will make it as expensive.

These have sold for anything up to a couple of hundred pounds in recent times.

As far as I am aware they were all the same all the way through production and apart from something odd that I can't recall, not used on anything but the SP.

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

According to Gunther Demler it was also fitted to one of the Opel models, possibly a Cadet. Possibly Christian can ask his father which one.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Rumour has it that they were fit to some Bedford vans but I don’t know if that is true.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog »

Christian Demler, being in Germany had a stock of them (last time I saw him). They were originally fitted to an Opel Kadette

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog »

They were original equipment on the Opal Kadette of the period.
I believe that Christian Demler has stocks of them