Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Forum Suggestions & Feedback - 1

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Forum Suggestions & Feedback

Post by Chris_R »

bakerp wrote: The "ebay" links sub-forum was chosen to provide links to cars found for sale on ebay and other locations that were not for sale by the poster, to try and create a divide between items posted for sale by members and those for sale from a third party. As can be seen this is now modified but perhaps could be trimmed further?
1 for sale forum for cars, 1 for parts and a wanted forum is enough in my opinion. I think the distinction between who is trying to sell a car is irrelevant (at the forum level).

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote:
bakerp wrote: The "ebay" links sub-forum was chosen to provide links to cars found for sale on ebay and other locations that were not for sale by the poster, to try and create a divide between items posted for sale by members and those for sale from a third party. As can be seen this is now modified but perhaps could be trimmed further?
1 for sale forum for cars, 1 for parts and a wanted forum is enough in my opinion. I think the distinction between who is trying to sell a car is irrelevant (at the forum level).
The "ebay" links sub-forum was chosen to provide links to cars found for sale on ebay and other locations that were not for sale by the poster to try and create a divide between items posted for sale by members...
- actually, in practice, most of the non-eBay ads were for other auction sites like carandclassic, not ads for member's cars, so I agree that one forum for cars for sale and one for suppliers/parts is best.

bakerp
Site Admin

Post by bakerp »

Surely we can trim this further then, one sub-forum for "Items for Sale" and one for "Wanted Items", this would also ammend the issue raised above where the forum is perceived as being "too long".

What is the benefit for having different headings for cars and parts?

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

watkindj wrote:
Chris_R wrote: I think all the for sale items should be in the same place. If there is to be any split, it should be one forum for cars for sale and a separate one for parts and accessories. That would make more sense than the current set of forums.
I agree Chris that would make sense to have cars and parts separated
This was discussed before and I went along with it. I can see the sense of keeping cars separate from parts as, over time, there will be thousands of cars for sale and it might make it easier to look for a model if the forum isn't mixed up with thousands of parts for sale.

The combined cars and parts for sale on the old forum is the second busiest forum and the two parts will both be busy here.

NOTE: The first topic was getting a bit long so I thought it might be a good idea to lock this topic and start a second topic now that the old forum has just become Read Only.