Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Posting pictures via iPhone

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Graham

Posting pictures via iPhone

Post by Graham »

So is it possible to put pictures on this new forum direct from your phone, or do you have to do it from a computer of which I do not possess. I'm one of the old sticks that would rather be doing something more with my hands than playing on computers and they do not interest me at all. It as taken me long enough to learn how to use an I phone. So is it possible to put pictures on the site straight from my phone?

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Posting pictures via iPhone

Post by John-B »

Since there's no signal where I live, I haven't got an iPhone to test with, but I'm sure someone will test for you. Have you tried yourself?

I expect that it is possible from any so-called smart phone that has an internet connection via a mobile phone signal. A photo needs to be saved so that when a smart phone views a post here it can be uploaded using the Attachments and Add File buttons.

Wikipedia: A smartphone is a mobile phone with an advanced mobile operating system which combines features of a personal computer operating system with other features useful for mobile or handheld use.[1][2][3] They typically combine the features of a cell phone with those of other popular mobile devices, such as personal digital assistant (PDA), media player and GPS navigation unit. Most smartphones can access the Internet, have a touchscreen user interface, with either an LCD, OLED, AMOLED, LED or similar screen, can run third-party apps, music players and are camera phones. Most smartphones produced from 2012 onwards also have high-speed mobile broadband 4G LTE internet, motion sensors, and mobile payment.

You would need to use the WiFi facility near a WiFi hotspot like a train or internet café, or have a mobile phone contract that allows internet connection. Check out your mobile phone contract.

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (161.72 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Yes it's possible as have just done from my iPhone
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

Yes you can post pictures from an iphone or ipad, and what a Daimler in that picture, I wish mine looked like that.

Graham

Post by Graham »

Just trying out this picture mallarkee for the first time
Attachments
image.jpg
Getting there slowly
Getting there slowly