Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Who????What???

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Bud

Who????What???

Post by Bud »

Active users now!!!

Registered users: Bud, Google [Bot]

What is Google [Bot] doing as a registered member????

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Who????What???

Post by John-B »

Bud wrote:Active users now!!!
Registered users: Bud, Google [Bot]
What is Google [Bot] doing as a registered member????
Yes, that does look odd, there are 45 Bots that are standard registered users so that special permissions about what they can see and do is regulated. Some Bots like Google can be useful.

Bud

Post by Bud »

Well before I posted I looked for registered users under "G" and there was no Google registered as listed on the registered active user line and there is no Google listed there now. how can this be.
What are [Bot] 's and how do they sneak around by not having to register legally into forums but show up as ligit. if they can who else comes and goes at will? How do you tell a good (?) internet Bot from a bad spam Bot.

Bud

Post by Bud »

Today it's Bing [bot.] as a registered user but not on user list.
Does the DLOC have to give permission to these bot's to be registered to have them refer searches to us?
What would stop a rogue or virus bot if "bots" seem to have have an open door.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Bots aren't actually registered users, they are just listed on that line with the registered users.

I've looked at the permissions for Bots and all the hundred or so settings are "No". In other words they can't do anything except scan the forums.

The Bot settings for this forum are the standard for all phpBB forums and if there was a problem I think there would have been revised versions by now.