Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Mystery Car badge.

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Mystery Car badge.

Post by Sydsmith »

Now come off it Neil you know you love caravans towers really, they are great traffic calming devices.

We had a Sprite back in 1963-4, at least it belonged to an aunt who allowed us to use it. Nice little van, they were still about 10 years ago so must have been well built.

Joking aside they are a danger on the Welsh mountains in as much as they hold up traffic and frustrate other drivers, tempting them to take big risks overtaking. They have caused many accidents on the A44 over the years, but the same goes for trucks RV's and Landrovers with livestock trailers.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Yes, I suppose I am being a bit cruel.........................

We have eight or nine "vintage" vans coming to my July 2nd extravaganza, form members of the Wisbech HVC

They are brilliant - the exhibitors "set them out" inside fo various times of the day - brekky, lunch, tea, dinner & bedtime!!

The visitors are fascinated. Also by the fact they have an appropriate classic towing them, ie, 60s car with 60s van etc

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Yes some of them are a work of art with lovely wooden interiors and period charm. I've often wondered, are there any problems towing with a fluid flywheel?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

No problems as far as I know - if you read my recent EL24 Register article Duncan Saunders used his Charlesworth saloon as a tow car very successfully.