Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Poor Old Bill

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Poor Old Bill

Post by theoldman »

Bill is 93, partially sighted and fought in the last war.

Today, he collapsed, twice, outside the station and was brought in for assistance by two concerned members of the public.

We phoned for an ambulance at 2.10pm

At 4.30pm, our first aid person phoned the ambulance service and asked where his ambulance or mobile doctor was. She was told that Bill wasn't "priority" and they were busy........................the two MOPs were still with him, giving him drinks and generally keeping his spirits up

At 6.30pm, it still hadn't arrived, but Bill was feeling somewhat better. He had by now missed his last bus home to Norwich.

Fortunately two of our staff were going his way and gave him a lift, with strict instructions that if he became ill in the car, to head straight for the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital.

At 6.45, FOUR AND A HALF HOURS after a request, we phoned and cancelled the ambulance.

So, if you are elderly, please don't get ill in Sheringham.....................................

Perhaps if the NHS sacked the multitude of layers of useless "managers" and employed instead more front line troops.........................

Rant over.
Normal for Norfolk

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Poor Old Bill

Post by Petelang »

The ambulance crews were probably all waiting in some corridor of the hospital to "hand over" a patient. It happens all the time here in Nottingham. The ambulance organisation get the blame for no beds in the hospital. All part of the Tory philosophy of blaming someone else and cutting back our NHS. Totally unacceptable.
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Middle aged lady "My left eye is hurting can I see a Dr" A&E receptionist, how long has it been hurting, " over a week" , receptionist, have you seen your own Dr? " Oh no I have come straight here", receptionist, I am sorry but there is a 25 minute wait which may get longer if we get any emergency cases in the meantime. Lady " that's crazy, whats happening to our health service" she continually pestered the receptionist and she and her accomplice muttered and grumbled the whole time I was there.

True story, I was there, it was a Sunday evening at 7pm with a small grand son who had fallen off his bike.

Is it any wonder the health service is under pressure.

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Frankly I think a good proportion of people should be promptly sent away with a flea in their ear. The first line medics are GPs and should remain so always. Even better if GPs assist in A & E but this may add to the problem.

My father was a GP and sadly a lot of patients need managing.

Wasting emergency services time is a curse and damaging in so many ways.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Have to agree with Neil. Our friend has worked for the NHS for many years (now retired but still on bank staff). I have lost count of how many times she has told us that when there is a staff shortage, which is an almost permanent situation, instead of getting more front line staff to actually do some work they employ another layer of management to oversee the under staffing problem.

As Neil says "you couldn't make it up".

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"