Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

"Clothing"

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

"Clothing"

Post by New Dexter »

Having returned from a classic car rally could someone explain please why it seems essential to some of the classic car owning fraternity that once they reach "A Certain Age" they must insist upon wearing salmon pink trousers?
These are the sort of attire that they would not wear at any other time but why at a car rally? As my friend said, the classic car rallies certainly bring out the eccentrics!

John-B
Site Admin

Re: "Clothing"

Post by John-B »

I agree, pink is awful .

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

It is usually salmon pink or the red corderoy.
Usually worn with a blue pullover and Harris tweed jacket with patches on the elbows. It is generally old money that has the look.
It's a bit like the car you chose to drive, if you enjoy it then why not?
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Another common fault by British men is to mix blue and brown, like brown shoes with blue jeans and a brown jacket. Coming from an artistic background, I don't think they combine well.

British men have no colour sense.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I beg to disagree John. I think brown shoes with blue jeans look much better than black shoes. In fact I'd only wear black shoes with grey or black trousers. Having said that with blue jeans and a black jacket I'd go black shoes. As for pink trousers (I don't own a pair), surely a matching cravat, waxed moustache and a pipe would also be essential ;)
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

......don't forget the moleskin waistcoat.......................

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Normal for Norfolk

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Gosh what to wear for Holt now !!!! never had any idea the fashion Police would be out, will have to wear a Pink tie with those White socks . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Well, at Shepton Mallet during the hottest day this year it was shorts and knobbly white knees for almost all men. We didn't look our best :D

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

Now, now chaps. Where's your sense of adventure.? Release you inner Portillo. Get your loud jacket on and go for it!
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

Keith Ashworth

Post by Keith Ashworth »

Shorts and teeshirts are "de rigguer " here in Australia, but now its winter and 12 degrees, so duffle coat and beanie is normal wear. Was out in the SP today and wishing I was driving home from Redhill like two weeks ago. Bliss!!
Keith