Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

How unlucky can I be.................

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

How unlucky can I be.................

Post by theoldman »

On the way home for the railway I picked up Mr. "Slammybrakesoneverytimeacarcomestheotherway" (AKA Mr. 35mph)

I managed to "lose" him at Mundesley........................

On my way to the railway the following morning, waited at the give way sign on Southrepps Road for a car coming out of Mundesley and YES - it's the same bl**dy bloke in the same bl**dy car!!!!!!!!

More sudden braking adventures all the way to Roughton.................................

What odds would Ladbrokes have given me.......................????
Normal for Norfolk

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: How unlucky can I be.................

Post by Salmons »

Just saw our local policeman he was complaining about someone, possibly a holiday maker following him this morning, flashing their lights etc at him.

Even more normal for Norfolk

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Weren't me guv.........................
Normal for Norfolk

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

This brings to mind my unlucky experience.

Many years ago when I owned an old and battered Morris 1000 I was waiting at a junction to pull out in heavy traffic when I felt a nudge from behind. I got out to see a much younger and nicer car (I don't remember what it was) in contact with the back of Morris. No noticeable damage to mine the other car definitely came off worse. The other driver was most apologetic, offered me his details or a payment which I declined. I told him the Morris just isn't worth it and I'll be late for work. Off we all went to work.

The next morning...............guess what...........yes you're right..............same place, same time, same cars, same drivers and another nudge in the back. A very embarrassed driver got out of the other car and walked up to my drivers door and was about to speak when I said "we'll have to stop meeting like this" and drove away. In my mirror I could see that his damage was worse than the day before. I looked at the back of mine when got to work, no difference.

I never saw the other car again, perhaps he changed his route to avoid a third time lucky!

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Perhaps his brake's didn't work and he needed your assistance stopping. :lol:

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

There's a possibility I hadn't thought of!

I just assumed he was still asleep.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

Some years ago my route to and from work required the use of a road with houses one side and farmland on the other but after a short while there was a steep hill down and another up. I could be using the road at any time of the day but while the route to work, with the farmland on my left was relatively easy there were occasions when drivers in front failed to understand the need to allow for the upward incline once they had descended downwards.
However, on the way home it might be around 8pm and nearly always I would encounter "Brake light Bertie/Bertha". As we went downhill there was a slight left curve and on would come the brake lights as we descended the hill at the dizzying speed of ooh, nearly 30 mph and this on a stretch of 40mph road. Usually when meeting oncoming traffic, the brake lights would appear and one idiot even braked going UPhill because someone was coming down the other way.
Then we have "Nose Bleed Norman/Norma". Many is the time I have driven down a single carriageway, national sped limit road only to discover someone who seems to to think that anything over 45 mph is likely to induce a nose bleed. Think Mr Magoo!