Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

H&H Auction Performance

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

H&H Auction Performance

Post by theoldman »

https://www.handh.co.uk/auctions/result ... um-duxford

Pretty piddle - poor result here with only 54% of the entries sold.
However, if you look and some of the what I might call "over-optimistic" (some might say idiotic) reserves you may work out why...........................

Also, many of the sales eiter failed to make estimate or narrowly squeaked in.....................

The lone Daimler made good money!!!!
Neil
Normal for Norfolk

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: H&H Auction Performance

Post by A.N.Other »

I notice that eleven E types were up for sale.
It makes me wonder if the investors are beginning to think about the market and is a down turn imminent.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Yopu mean my Morris Marina might not be worth the £23.000 I'm going to ask for it on Ebay ??????

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

I think your finger must have juddered when you were pressing "0" :D :D :D :D :D
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I had many happy days with my Mk1 1.8 marina coupe ;) . Toured France in it one hot summer and it was very reliable. It only broke down once in five years, on the M5 on the way to Devon. It blew a head gasket between exits and as it I wasn't in the AA at the time it took the combined contents of our family's bladders in the radiator to get us off (sorry but it had to be done)! It appears there are fewer on the road now than Conquests.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

I have given up on H & H completely. Poor cars, poor results.

Brightwells however are doing good business. A lot of my friends go to ACA these days also but bit of a trek for me.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Yes Brightwells is good and just up the road from me.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
Looking at the results from Bonham's at Beaulieu it is interesting the range of prices. A 1923 Daimler Sold for 17,250 including premium.
The wreck of a special sports made 9,200
A 1998 V8 3,450
Regards
Colin