Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Not showing as Present Online

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Not showing as Present Online

Post by Fossil »

A query for John B

John, I'm registered with the new Forum and can log on and off without trouble, access all the various sections, post replies on threads and create new topics. Curiously however my name never shows as being present online, further down the home page. Is this a glitch or something I can resolve?

Ta

Geoff

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Not showing as Present Online

Post by Phillmore »

Hi Geoff I had this problem as well. I found that "Hide on line status" was "yes" by default.

Click on your username at top right, edit profile, select board preferences and tick "hide on line status "no"

I think you will then need to log out and log on again to invoke changes.

It worked for me.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Andy

Thank you! I thought it must be something of that sort.

cheers

Geoff

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Done!!

Feels good for some reason. No longer the invisible man.

Geoff

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I think this is why people are showing up (or not showing up) as hidden.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

bakerp
Site Admin

Post by bakerp »

The ability for users to appear "off-line" has been removed to stop this being the default for new users and avoid confusion.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Phillmore wrote:Hi Geoff I had this problem as well. I found that "Hide on line status" was "yes" by default.
I don't think it is Yes by default. I've looked at my practice forum and some members' preferences here and it is No, so somehow some people have edited it perhaps without realising. Anyway, hiding online status is forbidden now (except for Administrators and Moderators!).

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Thanks John and yes you may well be correct that I had inadvertently switched to hide? As others have said I can't really see the point of being hidden but I think most forums do have that function.
Andy

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Thanks john also from me, I've no recollection of setting the "hide online status" to "yes", but cannot positively say that I didn't. Anyway I'm pleased that the matter is resolved.

Regards

Geoff