Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Faces

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Faces

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

With their almost ubiquitous headlights and radiator grille nearly all cars present a 'face' with one expression or another.

Despite its usual rather 'aquatic bottom feeder' look there are perhaps moments when the SP250 has an almost aggressive appearance...
Capture.JPG
...although the more recent Veritas RS3 does seem to have moved the game on.... :o ;)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Faces

Post by John-B »

I agree, although I think the SP250 without a front bumper looks like a tame goldfish, which is why I prefer my Dart with its bumper and over-riders which looks like a shark.
I can imagine that a driver might feel the aggression as I race up behind him.
p155093844dartfrontf401640bonnet.jpg
p155093844dartfrontf401640bonnet.jpg (16.87 KiB) Viewed 883 times

AntonyB

Re: Faces

Post by AntonyB »

Its all a matter of opinion, personally I like the front end with or without a bumper (though on my car below I have removed the bumpers). Also, my own opinion, I am not sure about having both the bumper and A spec side flashes, either one or the other, and over-riders should be present on bumpers both at front and rear.

As stated above just a personal opinion/preference.

Antony
Attachments
SP 2003.JPG