Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

I dont belieeeeve it!!!!

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: I dont belieeeeve it!!!!

Post by Phillmore »

I've always loved the Bedford CA. Been looking for a camper for a while now, or an old Commer would do.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

I am with you there Andy, spent many a happy hour behind the wheel of CA's, they were the Transit of the day, would love to have a nice one to toddle around in but they are fetching hefty money even the wrecks.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Ah, Nick, we knew it was on the way out and I bought one before leaving (we didn't have time to fit it prior to the hol) from the scrappy for the princely sum of 10/-!!

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Very pro-active Neil, although I must admit to doing similar things in my youth but never with a clutch! I always had my tool box in the car.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Talking of bodges it reminds me of my first real bike (a Royal Enfield Bullet) over forty years ago. It went well but wouldn't stop! After a particularly hairy stopping moment when I almost ended up in the boot of the car in front I decided it might be prudent to investigate the lack of stopping power more closely. On removing the brake shoes the problem became clear. A previous owner had cut the rear brake linings from an old pair of rubber Wellington boots and glued them onto the shoes! Needless to say, riveting on some old school asbestos Ferodo linings restored normal braking. I suppose one has to admire the ingenuity of some people ;) .
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

With a lot of modern cars coming without a spare wheel you have to be prepared to improvise..... :o

...or maybe he forgot what that thing on the tailgate was for? Handling might have been a bit 'wooden'.... ;)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".