Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Moving Pictures.

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Moving Pictures.

Post by Sydsmith »

I love the moving pictures at the top of the page, does any one know if it is possible to stop them rotating and enlarge a particular picture, cant seem to suss that out?
Want to have a closer look at the 15's that are flitting by at present.

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Re: Moving Pictures.

Post by John Hitchins »

If you know anyone with an Ipad you can screen shot then expand and email to yourself.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I make the header photos myself with an animated GIF program that I found over ten years ago, unFREEz.exe which is only 28KB (ridiculously simple). It's not as good as using Javascript which can merge the change, but it's easy to use and JavaScript usually has a lot of code.

I form 6 or 7 individual images then use the program to animate them in one file. I can alter the time period. Early last year someone commented that the timing was too short so I extended it to 12 seconds. Recent photos are mine from recent shows, earlier ones from Wikimedia Commons. Read this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=840

There are now 27 header images but only 16 described in the earlier topic.

The Daimler 15s at present in the header are shown in larger size in this topic viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1909 but even those are smaller than the originals that I have on my PC. Click on the photos in the foregoing link and "Lightbox" will enlarge them. If you want to contact the owners of the Daimlers in the Sherborne Show, email JT7196 Big A'l

I usually change the header image every Friday and I expect the next one will be cars at the November 5th Shepton Mallet show.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Thanks for your help John, found that link and can enlarge them from the posting.

I wanted to have a closer look at the back end of the black 15 seemed odd compared with mine and I see it has no bumper and the boot lid has a big dent in it.