Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Forum Topics.

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Forum Topics.

Post by theoldman »

How many DLOC forum members does it take to change a spark plug?

1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.

2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.

27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

2 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.

16 to post "F".

44 to ask what is a "F"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".

14 to post photos of spark plugs they own.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again...
Normal for Norfolk

Bud

Re: Forum Topics.

Post by Bud »

Hmmmm, so t'wer no old man presents under the tree again this year I see.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

... and only one administrator to delete a topic because it's stupid, in wrong forum, off-topic, irrelevant, badly written, libellous, wasting data storage, .. so watch it!! :roll: (not your's, of course)

I think snow is coming your way this morning, so get your car out and post a nice photo of it in the snow instead of staring at a computer. :shock:

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

theoldman wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:25 pm 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again...
Diary entry made although I don't think I'm much of a lurker.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Neil

Thank you for the most hilarious, and brilliant, post that I've ever encountered, on any topic, or Forum, anywhere. A lovely bit of Christmas joy!

I could comply with the definitation of Lurker, by posting on a topic more than 6 months old, but usually because I was on holiday when the topic was first created, or because I was indisposed, or for some other reason, and failed to check the date of creation.

I have also fallen in to the trap of posting on a thread unaware that it is already more than one page long, so that the post is invariably quite out of date and irrelevant, and therefore idiotic if not hilarious also. How do so many posts appear on some topics within less than 24 hours from my last visit?

Still chuckling, thank you.

Cheers

Geoff