Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Good news!!

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Good news!!

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

I've just received this email....

"ATTENTION: YOUR URGENT REPLY IS NEEDED.

PLEASE, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY INFORMED TODAY THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THIS COUNTRY HAS FINALLY RELEASED YOUR INHERITANCE/CONTRACT PAYMENT OF $13.5 MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS AND IT HAS BEEN PACKAGED OUT FOR DELIVERY WITH THE HELP OF US AMBASSADOR TO BENIN REPUBLIC WHICH ACTS AS YOUR FOREIGN REPRESENTATIVE HERE IN BENIN REPUBLIC.

IN ADDITION, EVERY NECESSARY ARRANGEMENT HAS BEEN MADE SUCCESSFULLY WITH THE (MR TONY MARK) AND EVERY DOCUMENTS GUIDING YOUR DELIVERY IS WELL UPDATED SO YOU ARE ADVICE TO CONFIRM YOUR FULL DELIVERY INFORMATION TO THE AGENT RIGHT NOW AS HE IS CURRENTLY AT (JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT NEW YORK) WITH YOUR CONSIGNMENT BOX, BECAUSE HE CALLED ME THIS MORNING TO INFORM ME THAT HE MISPLACED YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS.

SO YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONFIRM YOUR FULL DELIVERY INFORMATION TO THE DIPLOMAT AS TO HAVE EASY CONVERSATION WITH HIM AND TO ENABLE YOU GIVE HIM THE FULL DIRECTION TO GET YOUR PACKAGE DELIVERED AND HAND IT OVER TO YOU SAFELY AND SOUND, YOU ARE ADVICE TO BE VERY FAST AS THE DIPLOMATIC AGENT (MR TONY MARK) HAS NO TIME TO WASTE BECAUSE HIS FLIGHT TICKET WILL BE EXPIRING WITHIN FEW DAYS.

DO CONTACT THE DIPLOMATIC AGENT WITH THE EMAIL BELOW WITH THE INFORMATION'S REQUIRED.
CONTACT PERSON: DIPLOMAT TONY MARK
EMAIL: (tonymark73@yahoo.com)
MOBILE: (001 607-323-3896 (TEXT OR CALL HIM)

HERE IS THE INFORMATION YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RECONFIRM TO THE AGENT.

FULL NAME===============
ADDRESS: ===============
MOBILE NO: ===============
NAME OF YOUR NEAREST AIRPORT: =====
A COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION: =====

MOST IMPORTANTLY, HE IS NOW AT (JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT NEW YORK USA) AND DUE TO THE SEARCHING AND SCANNING OF THE CONSIGNMENT HE MISPLACED YOUR ADDRESS AND ALL YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. SO CONTACT HIM TO DELIVER YOUR PACKAGE RIGHT AWAY AND ALSO GET BACK TO US IMMEDIATELY YOU CONTACT THE AGENT TO INSURE THAT YOUR FUND IS GETTING TO YOU WITHOUT ANY HITCH,

FURTHERMORE, REMEMBER THE AGENT DELIVERING THE CONSIGNMENT DOES NOT KNOW THAT THE CONSIGNMENT CONTAINED MONEY BECAUSE THE AMBASSADOR WHO IS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE HERE REGISTERED IT AS A FAMILY VALUABLE ARTICLE TO AVOID INSPECTION DURING THE DELIVERY, SO UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU LET HIM KNOW THE CONTENT OF THAT CONSIGNMENT TO AVOID HIM FROM RUNNING AWAY WITH YOUR FUNDS, AS YOUR CONSIGNMENT WAS SIGN AND STAMP BY US EMBASSY HERE IN BENIN REPUBLIC TO ENSURE THAT IT IS PROTECTED UNTIL IT ARRIVES YOUR ADDRESS.

BEST REGARDS.
DHL COURIER COMPANY LIMITED
MR. JOHN DONALDSON
+22999365598."

...so, assuming I can prevent Mr. Tony Mark running away with with my $13.5 millon, I can buy a bigger garage and get Jaguar Classic to build me a new one of these...
Capture.JPG
:D :D :D ;)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Good news!!

Post by John-B »

DON'T SHOUT :shock: OK, you may shout if you actually get that car; I'm sure we will all want to see it and drive it!
Is it a replica Double Six?

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

John-B wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:05 pm DON'T SHOUT :shock: OK, you may shout if you actually get that car; I'm sure we will all want to see it and drive it!
Is it a replica Double Six?
It's not me that's shouting - that's how I received it from (allegedly) DHL. Yes it's a replica Corsica bodied Double Six 50. Feel free to start a list of those interested in a drive. It may take a little while - I've got to get Jag Classic to stop messing about with replica XKSS's and start on a proper classic... :D :D :D ;)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I've had a few of those emails Nick. Often wondered whether anyone actually falls for them and makes contact.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

A friend in IT say it costs them nothing to fling millions of these trash emails into the net, if they get one or two good bites from greedy or silly folk who are not net wise and they make enough to live their bloated life style for years.

Most of this junk seems to come from the African continent, or so he says.

These leaches swap email addresses between each other and build huge email banks between them, they get them from forums like this one and from silly people who send out bulk emails using the CC send option instead of BC.

They are like fleas, once they infest you they keep breeding and are extremely difficult if not impossible to get rid of.

Got to go, I am waiting for a parcel from DHL which is going to make me rich. :D

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

When I won the lottery, my neighbour asked me what I would do about the begging letters ----------------

I thought for a moment, then replied that I'd keep sending them out.