Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Norfolk Snow

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Norfolk Snow

Post by Norfolk Lad »

They say we have the wrong type of snow to light so the salt does not work like it should, well as a thick Norfolk Boy once we have driven over it surely that compacts the stuff so the salt will work.
Guess Norfolk County Council has a book on reasons why our roads cannot be cleared , gone are the days when tractors with snowplough's helped .
We just bring the county to a standstill for days as we are the only country unable to deal with a snowfall, think we had more movement in the 1960's when grit or sand was thrown from a passing lorry by men using shovels.
NOW we have drivers who have no idea how to drive in snow they all want the middle of the road so we can't pass traffic coming in the other direction, if they kept to their side it would help the salt clear both lanes and keep traffic flowing.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Norfolk Snow

Post by NickDeAth »

You must have it bad up there, my manager cancelled a trip for one of the lorries to Great Yarmouth tomorrow because he thought it would be too bad. Unusual for him he would normally send anything anywhere regardless of conditions. Mind you he might have had some inside information we have a depot in Rackheath.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Norfolk Snow

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Nick not all about the snow bad driving and lack of seeing the gritting lorries, went over A11 at Wymondham yesterday morning about 7-30am nothing moving all standing still.
Stopped to help move a car as the idiot drove into snow at the edge of a road junction but had no need as he was staying on old A11 , gave up as every time i got him moving he failed to steer back on the main road he was blocking me in my lane.
Then the next bunch of idiots were driving on to the wrong side of the road to pass both of us and getting stuck , so waved my arms uttered a lot of bad words got in my truck and drove off.
The traffic was still nose to tail at 2 pm on the old A11 at Wymondham as i was at work looking from the window in the warm, a 40ft lorry was going to make a delivery to the yard i was in before 10am as he phoned ahead to see if they were open.
He was less then 5 miles away i left at 3-15 pm to miss the idiots on the way home the lorry had not arrived before i left, stuck in traffic was the last report.
Today has not been any better some roads blocked by drifts snow blown by wind from the fields onto the road.