Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

ITV player

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

ITV player

Post by New Dexter »

Now I know this has nothing to do with motoring, unless there's a motoring programme on ITV but I have a problem with watching programmes on the ITV player. The Channel 4 programmes can be watched easily, once has logged in. The same with the BBC ones, again after logging in but last year I tried to watch a back episode of Cold Feet. Usual intro, then into the episode in question and all was fine until the first advertisement break when the "player" went back to the beginning. Tedious. I tried again with the same irritating result. This year I wanted to watch Endeavour on ITV player and the same problem arose. I have tried sending emails to ITV and while they did respond, initially, the problem remains. Does anyone have any idea why it's just ITV and not the others please?

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: ITV player

Post by Sydsmith »

Newdexter (sorry don't know your real name)
The most common cause of this problem is that the set up has not installed correctly or has become corrupted.
Go into the menu, seek out SET UP and then AUTO SETUP and reset the setup.
Low broadband speed will also cause the problem.
Hope that helps. Syd

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: ITV player

Post by New Dexter »

Thank you for that advice Syd and my apologies for the delay in responding. I made the mistake of putting a CD into my laptop and it refused to be removed and that has b******d up the computer. Typing this has an irritating time delay.
The internet speed I have is about 3.6 mps but we have been told we will have fibre broadband by May.