Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as applicable to the forum

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Crossley Stephenson

Re: EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as applicable to the forum

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

John

How do I email you? I would like to change my username.

M

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I've emailed you.

If you ever want to email a forum member, click on his username and you will see options to email or send a private message (email is more reliable).

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Hi John.

Your clear and expert knowledge on this subject is much appreciated.

I have a mind to change my user name for the reasons you point out.

If I do will my earlier posts go with my old name or will they stay under my new changed name? Syd

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Sydsmith wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:51 pm I have a mind to change my user name for the reasons you point out.

If I do will my earlier posts go with my old name or will they stay under my new changed name? Syd
All your previous posts will remain, but show the new username. Email address and password stay the same.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, I have recently be asked by a Lanchester owner, if I could supply details of other Lanchester owners in his region, to assist him on contacting them to try and get more of them to attend events.
Not really sure where I stand on this, so I opted to phone some of them, to pass on the requesters contact details so that they could contact him if they so desired .
Is this the best course to take , or am I allowed to pass ownership details on, such as phone No’s ,but of course not locations ?

Cheers A’l. Lanchester LA10, 11, 12/6, & 14 Registrar .😀😀

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

That depends if you are passing on the details you have access to as a result of being a registrar and therefore passing on data held by the club or if you are passing on information given to you by the person themselves as a friend. You can pass on your friends information to other friends, GDPR does not stop you doing that as a private individual. Technically after May 25th you can't even phone up the person to ask if you can pass their details to someone else or even phone them to give them the requestors details without first getting permission from them that you can phone them on DLOC business! What a load of b**l*cks.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, then I'll just carry on doing what I do then, whatever that may be !!!!

Cheers A'l :D :D :D

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Chris is right, it’s a lot of twonk but the general idea is that you shouldn’t assume other peoples agreement to share their contact details without asking them. So what you’re doing is acting sensibly within the spirit of the regulations and nobody is going to mind.
The reason for the club asking everybody to confirm their agreement to being contacted is to allow the club to operate and registrars and breach secretaries to do their job.
So I hope you’ve all filled the form in? Just in case it’s at www.dloc-members.com
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

HI GRAHAM
When will we know who is to have the information? Helen said MAC which I believe to be the owners of Selsey Walsh. Is this a way to get round the descision taken at the 2017 AGM not to support a development with them?
I can not understand why the club is being so secretive about this whole issue with less than a month before Bob & Kath get the heave hoo
Regards

Colin

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Hi Colin

Sorry I’ve only just seen your response, my apologies.
I’ve just returned from holiday and as I understand it, the Midland Auto Club have been ruled out on cost grounds. As far as I know the interest in using them was nothing to do with the now abandoned idea of establishing a presence on their site, more that they are very good at managing and communicating with their members.

The directors are negotiating with another organisation who manage the membership of a number of other car clubs and who are very well respected. As you’ll understand having been in business yourself, it’s proper that you keep the negotiation process close to your chest until the detail has been firmed up. It’s not secrecy just plain business sense. As soon as a deal is struck then I’m certain that all the members will be informed as part of the process.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)