Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Security on the Forum

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Security on the Forum

Post by ranald »

I received the warning message when I logged onto the forum. I did a bit of googling to educate myself and I found a website owned by Globalscape which reckons to be an expert in data transfer. I copied a couple of paragraphs below:
With the addition of one letter, from HTTP to HTTPS, “S” does stand for secure. That extra letter gives website users a greater sense of trust and security for websites today. HTTPS secures websites when users are providing sensitive information like credit card numbers or other personal information. The protocol offers multiple layers of data protection including data integrity, encryption, and authentication.

While nothing is definitively secure, HTTPS and its end-to-end encryption has evolved to become like the de facto standard between the two protocols, HTTP and HTTPS. Recently, Google announced that they would be moving everything over to HTTPS because it provides more security than HTTP. Additionally, Google will be marking websites using HTTP as “not secure” starting in July 2018.

Should our website manager perhaps consider transferring over to Https?