Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Thunderstorms and water leaks

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything

How many of you had water leaks in yesterday's thunderstorms?

I had leaks.
33%
I didn't have any leaks.
67%

Total votes: 3

John-B
Site Admin

Thunderstorms and water leaks

Post by John-B »

How many of you had water leaks in yesterday's thunderstorms?

I waited until heavy rain had dwindled to a drizzle and went to Wilton Wake Up at about 9am.

Within five minutes a massive thunderstorm came over so I sat in the car. It was heavier than a good bathroom shower. My car has a detachable hardtop and before long my right arm was soaked by water coming in at the top of the driver's window and then a steady stream came through the centre of the hardtop joint with the windscreen soaking my left leg. Luckily it missed the dashboard switches.

The gravel of Wilton House courtyard was flooded and a grating over a well was under water, so the well must have filled up!

Nothing can be done about the door window to make it fit properly, but the seal of the hardtop to the windscreen looks perfect, so I can't see where to seal it better. Bathroom sealant from B&Q? Probably not worth doing anything as I suspect that when driving the leak won't happen.

After driving home in sunshine over flooded roads I've now got a mud-sprayed engine in hard to reach places lower down.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Thunderstorms and water leaks

Post by Sydsmith »

Thunder storms what thunder storm?

Should have come to sunny Aberystwyth, apart from a shower round mid day we had no rain at all just wall to wall sunshine.

Same again this morning :-) :-)

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Thunderstorms and water leaks

Post by Salmons »

And no rain in Sunny North Norfolk either.
Dennis